Sunday, December 13, 2009

Dinner again. Faux pizza.

Eating low carb can make you feel deprived. You can't have pizza, you can't have chips, you can't have a burger and fries at McDonald's... Having some replacements can go a long way towards helping to stay low carb. Tonight I had little pizzas... not regular pizza, but close enough for me.

The big difference is the "crust"... there is no crust. I buy some whole portabella caps and take out the stem. I wanted a very standard flavor so just used some tomato sauce, Italian mixed cheese, pepperoni and fennel and herbs.



After layering the ingredients pretty much like you do when making regular pizza, I pop them into the oven at 400 for about 10 to 15 minutes... until the cheese starts to brown.



And then enjoy the results. Delicious! And I don't need to put mushrooms on top!

1 comment: