Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A New Christmas Pyramid

Many years ago, on a trip to Austria and Germany, my mom bought me a Christmas pyramid. Since then I've collected more, and today I found number 9 at one of my favorite thrift stores. Here it is in action:



They cost more than I am willing to pay at retail, so I was thrilled to see this one marked $20, which was $16 due to a 20% off sale that was being held. It has German markings underneath, which is great, since many now are made in China. I enjoy the Chinese ones, too... but there's something about authenticity...

On the craft front I've crocheted a few more edgings on socks for my granddaughter. This makes 5. I seem to have a problem with addiction...

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

Geez, those socks are cute! And what a lucky thrifting find.

What is the German name for those things? My parents definitely call theirs something else.

KR said...

that is a great find! I love the socks! :)